The RDI Hub is a major change initiative located in Co. Kerry. Currently under construction, the RDI Hub will create a state of the art “co-location centre” specialising in design-led R&D, innovation, digitisation and financial services. The Hub will adopt the Digital Innovation Hub (“DIH”) regional multi-partner cooperation model integrating “Living Lab” and “Quadruple Helix” enabling strategies. The RDI Hub will connect research centres, universities, industry associations, regional development agencies, experts, innovators and funders. This will enable the flow of knowledge, technologies and expertise between these organisations, stimulate RDI, business scaling and internationalisation. Impacts will include economic growth, accelerated job creation and establishment of the Southwest’ USP as a globally connected Financial Services innovation and enterprise hotspot.
The RDI Hub, funded by Enterprise Ireland under the regional development fund 2017 is a not-for-profit PPP led by company founders FEXCO & Institute of Technology Tralee (“ITT”), and strategic partner Kerry County Council (“KCC”). The RDI Hub will be established in two phases, development and implementation, towards opening the facility in Q1 2019. The development phase involves a diverse portfolio of activities encompassing construction and commission of the RDI Hub building, establishment of governance and operational procedures, procurement, network and service development and stakeholder engagement.
The RDI Hub is now recruiting for a Project Manager to coordinate and manage the development phase of the project. This critical and highly dynamic phase requires coordination and integration of multi-stakeholders and multi-functions within and across the public private partnership consortium. The Project Manager will under the guidance of the RDI Hub Steering Committee have primary responsibility for the day to day management of the development phase, driving the project forwards effective implementation of the project plan, informing and enabling rapid decision making and harnessing of resources required.
Each candidate must have as a minimum a degree (level 8 in the National Framework of qualifications) or equivalent level in relevant discipline(s) commensurate with this role
- Business Administration,
or equivalent professional qualification
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Project Management qualification (PMP, Prince).
- Proven experience in successful management and delivery of Public Private Partnership projects.
The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in management of large scale projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing diverse project teams in multiple transactions, leading and integrating different work areas, e.g. (legal, financial, technical).
- Demonstrated experience and capability of working in close co-operation with multi-stakeholder groups, enabling effective co-operation and consensus.
- Experience in developing public tender framework, document preparation and management processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Fluency in English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and implement the RDI Hub development plan and schedule, in collaboration with Steering Committee.
- Foster and support an open and effective collaborative working relationship within and across the RDI Hub steering committee, working groups and stakeholders.
- Tracking, monitoring, and reporting on progress of the development plan.
- Establish procedures for reporting to steering committee and working groups.
- Establish and implement processes and systems required to support and enable Steering Committee decision-making.
- Manage communications ensuring stakeholders are fully informed activities and progress.
- Coordinate steering committee meetings, scheduling, agendas, minutes and actions.
- Support the execution of competitive, transparent tender processes.
- Budget and Expenditure Management.
- Establish record keeping processes to support audit trail for documents, analysis and decision making.
- Development and implementation of a risk management and mitigation plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the steering committee.
Duration of Contract: Minimum 6 Months
Salary:€52,313 per annum.
Location: Co. Kerry
Application Procedure: Cover letter and curriculum vitae to CiaraPrendeville@fexco.com